Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Alice in Wonderland Narrative Photographs


I have been fascinated by the story of Alice in Wonderland from childhood and it still largely influences my work. I enjoy the dream-like and fantastical imagery, as well as the fact that it has become culturally relative and iconic. For my senior project in college I photographed a narrative series of my own vision of Alice in Wonderland. The ten photos show the use of symbols to communicate a scene from the story. I wanted the pictures to evoke the imagination, but to still be grounded in reality while relaying a contemporary version of the narrative.

- Devon Alexis Saccomanno
www.DevonAlexisPhoto.com

Alice
Drink Me
I'm Late!
Caterpillar
Mushroom
Eat Me
Wonderland
Tea Party
Painting the Roses
Red Queen


No comments:

Post a Comment